Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hard Boiled Eggs - Perfectly Cooked and Easy to Peel - Every Time

Click on photo to enlarge


I'll make this short and sweet.  If you want perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs that are easy to peel each and every time stop boiling and start steaming. 

It doesn't matter is they are barnyard fresh or older, steamed eggs will peel with ease.  I use a rice cooker that also has a vegetable steaming setting (and basket) so all I have to do is hit the button and when the beeper sounds remove them, let cool and then crack the shell and gently peel.  

I suspect that if you are using a saucepan on the stove top you'll have to make a couple of trial runs.  Personally I'd wait until the water is boiling and steam with a lid on the pan for 10 - 12 minutes and cover with cold water for 5 minutes when finished.

That's it in an egg shell. :)

P.S. Remember, steam is very hot and can burn you if you're not careful.




No comments:

Post a Comment