Saturday, April 16, 2011

Canned Tomatoes For Sauce

This is a special and very important tip for ALL tomato-based sauce recipes that I have previously posted. 

As you know, quality cooking ingredients are what separate excellence from mediocrity and can make meal preparation that much easier.  By this I mean to say that by starting with quality ingredients it is  easier to produce the wonderful fruits of your labor.  

That said, I have found that whole peeled tomatoes of the San Marzano variety are more to my liking. Quality tomato products may not be available in the aisles of your favorite wholesale food club or in your local grocery store where a variety of domestic brands can be found.  Absolutely,  some are better than others and that is why I suggest buying Carmilina brand from Amazon.  These tomatoes are simply outstanding!