Tuesday, April 9, 2019

White Rice With Butter and Soy Sauce



I love white rice but quite frankly I sometimes get bored with it.

Scouring the internet I came upon an "improvement" that I thought I'd try which was simply adding butter and soy sauce to the rice.

I tried it and I simply loved it. In the pic above I could have done a better job of stirring but it tasted really good.

Beside it are grilled chicken parts that I seasoned with Jake's Boss BBQ Rub over some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Better than Sweet Baby Rays you might want to try my Texas BBQ sauce recipe.

I stopped drowning my meats with sauce. Now I just add some to the plate and then put the meat on top. This way you can actually taste the spices and enjoy crispy chicken or that beautiful steak or pork chop but with  just enough sauce to add another dimension without being overpowering. Afterall, there is s reason that they (whomever "they" are) refer to sauces as condiments and not the whole enchilada.



No comments:

Post a Comment